Thanks for answering some of these questions, firstly what is your full name and nick name:
Jonathan Hayley aka Jon, Jonno, Hayles and Forrest in my South Wirral days
1. What is your shoe size?
UK 9 or European 42
2. When did you first take up Hockey?
1997 - after spending a night in A&E at Arrowe with a Rugby head injury I was persuaded to take up hockey cos it’s safer…
3. What positions have you played?
When I first started with South Wirral HC to make the most of my (then) lightening pace I played Inside Right, Inside Left or Right Wing. At Neston I’ve played mainly Centre Mid and Centre back once or twice but I didn’t like playing Defence at all…
4. What is your favourite book and what are you reading at the moment?
Master and Commander by Patrick O’Brian and Too Big to Fail by Andrew Ross Sorkin – I always wondered how much Rich Lowry jnr is really responsible for the global economic downturn…
5. What is your favourite film?
Difficult one - Hunt for Red October, Casino Royale and Where Eagles Dare in equal first place.
6. Best player you have played with or against?
Without question Eddie Byrnes for his gladiatorial leadership and unfailing optimism. A close 2nd would be Kenny G
7. Top tip, for Hockey?
Don’t give the bl**dy ball away
8. What are you listening to, music wise at the moment?
Mozart when I need inspiration and Bob Marley for relaxation. The 5th team away fixture journey tune is Crazy Crazy Nights apart from once at Alderley Edge when my I put my kids’ CD on by mistake and we blasted “Make Way for Noddy” across the car park…
9. Best advice given to you?
Don’t try to reason with women
10.Who has been the biggest influence on your Hockey?
The Wirral Hockey Legend that is Wezzo (Dave Weston). If you’ve never heard of him just ask Bazza, Rutts or Kenny G.
11. What next for NSWHC?
Global domination. Nothing less is acceptable…
12. Who would you have on your side, who is a present member of NSWHC in a full kicking scrapping fight and why?
Rutts because I can run faster than him…
13. Where do you Splash the Cash? (What shops do you spend your Money?)
As Mrs H can confirm I definitely don’t do shops but I am partial to indulge in fine wine and cigars
14. What was the best day of your life?
Divided equally between the birth of my 2 kids – Thomas and Ellie.
15. Favourite food
Seafood – preferably shellfish.
16. Favourite drink
Rather embarrassingly…. Bubbles (that would be of the champagne rather than San Miguel variety
17. Your ideal weekend?
A full on mucking about outdoor weekend with the family – preferably in warm sunshine. In 2nd place it takes a lot to beat a game of hockey, some beers and a Britannia Spice J
18. Advice to the government?
Look at what Norway achieved with their oil revenues
19. Dogs or cats and if so name of your pet?
Definitely dogs but we don’t own one.
20. Can we improve NSWHC in any way?
I think a Cigar lounge and Cocktail bar are the next logical steps…